Skip to main content

Personal letter of a failed student

\
I found this letter when I was clearing old dumps.  This was received by me around twelve years ago.  I reproduce this verbatim, with all the spelling and grammatical mistakes.  I have hidden the writer’s name and her personal details.  Please ignore the ‘wrong English’.  That is an unfortunate part of our education system.  She has been a student of ‘one of the so-called best and more sought-after schools in Chennai’ and in English Medium since LKG.  Primary education should be in Mother Tongue.  That will give a solid foundation of one language and one can learn and master any number of languages upon that foundation.  English medium is unnatural and will only produce persons poor in all the three languages being taught.  I have over 12,000 letters (Almost all from ‘best and popular schools’) written by students of 12th class and over 90% are full of wrong English.  Kindly ignore the English part of this letter and try to read the ‘mind’ of an average student.
Italics are my comments.

Respected Sir,
               I am H….Sir, I had met U (this must be the influence of SMS) in 1999 in V….Vidyalaya, C….Chennai.  You took class for 10th to 12th Std.  At that time I was in my 10th Std.  I scored 65% in 10th public exam.  With my father’s compulsion I joined in Matric school.  I took computer science group in that school.
Sir, I thank U a lot, a lot because I had learnt many things from you.  Still, I can remember your face.  I remember Sir in last class you said after your result please write about your feelings, about this class, about your results to me.  You gave one paper where your address was present.  I lost that paper now.  I got your address from V…school.  Sorry Sir, up to 10th Std. I remembered what you teached but now I forget Yoga etc.
Sir, my problem is  à I had failed in +2 [in three subjects] (MPC).  I had physical weakness.  So, I was not able to attend my exams properly.  I am suffering from low pressure.  I wrote reexam.  I got pass marks in M – 70 and P – 92 but again I failed in Chemistry.  I need 9 marks to pass Chemistry paper.
My family is dipped in sorrow often my mom is scolding me.  I have one brother who is doing 10th Std.  My parents are saying à don’t become like her.  If you do like that nobody will be alive in this home.
After seeing my marks in +2 Public Exam and reexam nobody believed that I had failed.  I am not a good student in studyes.  I too can understand my parents feelings.  I can’t face them after my results.  My father said, no other go.  You have to stay in home for 1 year for your higher studyes.
Sir, I don’t want to waste one year.  I was born on 08. 03. 1985.  Now, I should study college 2nd year.  But, still I din’t even enter to college (due to my father’s transfer I studyid 3rd Std 2 times.  Now I am wasting 1 year again).
Sir, give me good hope to shine in my life.  I am a good dancer, I can draw well, I love craft works but my dad is not interested in all those things.  He is a man of Education.  He is Econo 1st class, CAIIB, BL.  Moreover he has number of master degrees. working in IB (Bank) as Manager.
Sir, I don’t bother about other persons saying about me.  If I listen to those words I can’t go up in future.  After to my results my parents had lost hope in me.  My father is not talking with me properly.  I have my true friends with me still.  I have good touch with them.  They all joined in college.
I used to study day and night à one drawback in my learning is I used to forget soon if it write that 10 times also.  I used to forget those things very soon.  Mostly, I used to forget somewhat the normal happenings in day today’s life.
Sir, I don’t now what to do in future.  Please give some valuable tips.  You said to learn Pranayama, Yogasanas but no one is there near my house to teach.  Sir, I like to go in Computer fields.  Sitting in my house is very boring.  More over, my father is in Kumbhakonam, he used to come to Chennai ones in two weeks.  Sir, please reaply to my letter.
My uncle had said me to take BBA.  He said some colleges are giving seats if we are failed in one subject, but my Dad is not interested.  Up to my 10th I used to be rank holding student What made me to go down I don’t now, all teachers like me, my dance.  Change of school had made me like this.  The school which I studyed 11th and 12th, it does not shows good way of coaching to students, around 600 students studyes there.  Not only me Sir, my class strength is of 53 out of 53/21 of them are losing pass marks.
Sir, Please take pain to answer my letter.  I will be in search of your answer to my letter.
Sir, I have one tought.  I used to to chant 108 times Gayathri Mantra daily.  Some of them are saying ladyes should not say.  So only your are getting lots of problems.  Some of them are saying your are praying god too much.  So only he is giving lots of trouble.
Sir, one thing is true in my life.  If I see anybody or if I do any work, my manas is saying or it is giving some commands about that person or that work, whatever it says it comes true up to 90%.  Many times it had happened for me Sir.
Sir, now I don’t have anybody near me to listen to my words.  From my small age itself I don’t have friendly relationship with my parents.  They used to to be a good parent.  They don’t listen or understand my words and feelings.  So I used to write letter to god and I used to keep it on my table.  My father used to read those letters.  Now he has changed a little, only a little Sir.  Whatever he says, we should accept it.  He used to do unwanted things but before doing it he won’t consult with us.  If we say some ideas, he will not accept it.  At last he will feel for the bad result.  He said me to stay in home for one year.
Sir, I am expecting your letter.  Please take pain to answer my letter.  My friends are also saying to join in college and clear the Chemistry paper in October.  My mom is also in that same mood.
No friends is near my house.  Moreover I express my feelings only to god (lord vinayaka) and some of my friends.  I don’t find any way now Sir.  So I had to come U in search of help.
My best friends used to ring to my house but I can’t speak with them properly because my mom and brother will be there in the hall itself.  If nobody is there in hall I will speak very will to my friends.
Sir, after to my result I am not speaking with anybody in my home.  They used to ask some thing.  I used to say one or two words.  Why I don’t speak with them means à I don’t have any will power to face them.  My half yearly mark is 942/1200.  Nobody in school and my house accepted my Public marks.  I don’t used to fail in class Sir.  What happened I don’t know. Sir.
Sir, I have one habit.  I asked you one question in 1999 that is I used to dream about future.  Sir, I used to get bad results if anything I dream about future.  Dream about future will only end in negative way.  Many times it had happened to me.  You said to ask this question when everybody is present but I didn’t find time and courage to ask this question to you Sir.  Please clear this.
Sir, I don’t have any love affair.  I used to get very anger very soon.  I don’t speak any bad words.  I like melody songs.  I love to learn yoga etc.  I like and love to go in the path of “Ramana Maharishi”  I love his place.  I used to read his book when I am in sorrow.  Daily I pray god to give a nice child (1st rank holding child) to my parents in their next birth.
My father is angry man with large amount of education.  My mom is not that much educated but very soft.  So she can’t understand any problems or incidents.  I can also understand there pain whatever problems they will face I know.  but they should understand me also Sir.
I am a girl of joy.  I have lots of friends.  About 90% they love me.  They used to say I am a good girl.  Now everyone had joined and I am staying in Home.  It is very difficult to face them.  I don’t want anybody to feel for me and anybody to say ‘Oh poor Me’.  So only Sir, I don’t used to express my sorrows to others.
My father used to scold in bad words.  While seeing him he will not be like that but in home he is a man of bad words.  It will be a small mistake Sir, but he will make it very big by his way of scoldings.
But he is a nice man.  We don’t have any difficulty to run life.  He had give us all sorts of comforts physically but not mentally.
Sir, I am not a lover of TV.  I used to hear problems of others specially the auntyes near my house.  I used to say some small ways to solve it but I am not well in solving problems.  I had learnt many things from their troubles.  It will be very helpful in my future life.  They auntyes used to say don’t marry.  I am not in that mood Sir.
Sir, I am in search of your answers.  what to do in future.  I have to learn Yoga.  My father will not send me very faraway.  In future if my parents allowing me to go to Nagpur I will meet you Sir.  I will go it.
My address is ……
Sir I will be in touch with you again.  Meet you very soon Sir.  Sir, daily I am getting good scolding from my mom.  Anyhow I have to bare it, (this last paragraph is in a different ink and written a week later)
Ever loving

Sd/…

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ஜ, ஷ, ஸ, ஹ, க்ஷ, ஸ்ரீ ....

ॐ ஜ , ஷ , ஸ , ஹ , ஶ , க்ஷ , ஸ்ரீ என்ற எழுத்துக்களை வடமொழி எழுத்துக்கள் என்கிறான் ஒருவன். ஸம்ஸ்க்ருத எழுத்து என்கிறான் ஒருவன் . மூடர்கள் .  அறியாமையில் பேசுகின்றனர் . தவறான நோக்கத்துடன், நம்முள் பேதத்தை ஏற்படுத்திட எவனோ புதைத்துச் சென்ற விஷத்தை , அது விஷம் என்று கூட அறியாமல் பேசுகின்றனர் . வட என்பது திஶை . திஶைக்கு மொழி கிடையாது . (இசைக்கும் மொழி கிடையாது . கவிதைக்குதான் மொழி . தமிழிசை மன்றம் என்பதெல்லாம் அபத்தம் .) தமிழகத்திற்கு வடக்கில் பாரத தேஶத்தின் அத்தனை ப்ராந்தங்களும் (கேரளம் தவிர்த்து) உள்ளன . தெலுங்கு , மராடீ , போஜ்புரி , குஜராதீ ... அனைத்து மொழிகளும் வட திஶையில் பேசப்படும் மொழிகள் .  இவை எல்லாம் வடமொழிகள் . (கன்யாகுமரி ஆளுக்கு சென்னை பாஷை கூட வடமொழிதான்) . இந்த எல்லா மொழிகளிலும் இந்த ஶப்தங்களுக்கு எழுத்துக்கள் உண்டு .   தெலுங்கில் జ  , స  , హ .. . என்றும் ,   கன்னடத்தில்   ಜ , ಸ , ಹ , ಕ್ಷ .. என்றும் , மராடீயில் . ज , स , ह , श , क्ष,.. என்றும் குஜராதியில்     જ , સ , હા , ક્ષ  , என்றும் ,   பெங்காலியில் জ  ,   স , হা  , ক্ষ ... என்றும் ஹிந்தியில் ज , स , ह , 

Chapter X (19 - 42)

\ श्री भगवानुवाच - हन्त ते कथष्यामि दिव्या ह्यात्मविभूतय : । प्राधान्यत : कुरुश्रेष्ठ नास्त्यन्तो विस्तरस्य मे ॥ १९ ॥ Shri Bhagawan said:   I shall speak to Thee now, Oh best of the Kurus! of My Divine attributes, according to their prominence;   there is no end to the particulars of My manifestation. (X - 19) Arjuna asks for a detailed and complete elaboration on His manifestations.   Shri Krishna replies He will be brief in description.   Why?   ‘My manifestations are infinite’, says Shri Krishna.   Shri Krishna is in human form.   The Infinite Paramaatman has bound Himself in a finite Form.   A finite can not fully describe an Infinite.   The same Shri Krishna in the next chapter says, “See My Infinite Forms.   See as much as you wish”, when Arjuna expresses his desire to see His one Form.   Brief in words and Elaborate in Form.;. The discussion in the last shlokam continues here.   The listener’s ahankara tries to fathom the speaker.   The listener, Arj

Chapter IV (1 - 20)

\   ADHYAAY IV   GYANA KARMA SANYASA YOGAM Introduction This chapter named ‘Gnyana Karma Sanyasa Yog’ is a special one, as this is where Shri Krishna reveals the secrets of Avatara to Arjuna. We, as human have a natural weakness.  When a great thought is placed before us, instead of analysing the thought, understanding it and trying to put it into practise, almost all of us start worshipping the person who revealed the thought.  Worship of the Cross and the idols of Buddha can be quoted as examples.  One of the reasons for this may be that we deem him to be the originator of the thought.  Truths are eternal and can only be revealed and not invented.  You ask any educated person about ahimsa or non-violence.  You should not be surprised if he instantly come up with the answer, “Gandhi”.  You try to clarify that ‘almost two thousand years ago Shri Mahaveer based his life and religion solely on the principle of Ahimsa’ and ‘hundreds of years prior to that the Vedas, the Gi