Skip to main content

DO WE HAVE THE THIRST WITHIN?

DO WE HAVE THE THIRST WITHIN??

He was talking over phone.  "I have a deep desire to meet you. I need your guidance. I wish to meet you regularly and learn a lot under your precious guidance. But, you live far off, in a distant province. Let me plan. I'll come to you during holidays." His voice choked while he talked to SHREE.

Six months later... He received a phone call from SHREE.  "OK. That is good. So, You have shifted to Tamil Nadu. That is very good.  No. No. It is hardly 200 Kms from my place. I'll just kick start my bike and I'll be there at your doorsteps. At least once a month.."" He talked over phone.

He called SHREE after four or five months. "I could not move an inch from my place. I am tied down. Problem after problem, as if God chose me to give all problems in His stock. My profession has just started a smoother ride. Family life is slowly settling down.  But, No. I'll come. I'll definitely visit you. I have so much to talk. so much to learn. I'll anyhow come and meet you."

One year later, there was again a call from SHREE.  "Oh! Oh! You have come to stay in our own town. I am very happy. Where do you plan to stay?  Oh! The locality you mention is very near my residence. Just two streets away. I will have to hop just ten steps to be at your door. If not daily, I'll definitely visit you once a week and spend a few minutes near your holy feet.  I am fortunate, really fortunate."  Enthusiasm filled every word he spoke.

Six or eight months later. There was a knock on his door. He opened the door to find SHREE on his doorsteps. "Oh! What a pleasant surprise!! You stay so near, yet I could not visit you even once. You have blessed us by coming to us. Come in. Come in." He was excited while welcoming SHREE. "What!!!  Surprise after surprise. You plan to stay with us for a week?? Oh!! That is great. We are blessed. Please take your seat. Give me ten minutes. I'll prepare our guest room for you. Feel comfortable. It is your house. I built this house only to serve, play host to Sadhus. This will be your room. Stay as long as you wish. Just call me if you need anything. We'll bring it to your room. We will be honoured to serve you."

A week later, all in his family had gathered outside the gate to send off SHREE.  Everyone reverentially touched his feet. "Oh, I am an idiot. You stayed a whole week in our house and Oh ! I must be the worst unfortunate. But, you saw yourself how hectic the morning hours were. Readying the children and packing them off to the school. Then starts our daily run. We just push in a few handfuls and run. There is no time even to breathe. We return late evening. Home works and assignments of children. If we do not sit with them, they merely spend time in TV and games. You see. Evenings are so hectic that we don't even know how time passes. We have 56 inches HD TV but don't have time to view programmes. I do not watch serials. But I never miss one serial. The story is so good you see. I watch only News and panel discussions, ...and evenings are gone. We can't even enjoy a relaxed dinner. OK. I thought I should be able to meet and spend some valuable time with you on Saturdays and Sundays. You were a witness yourself. These are the only days we relax a little. It is usually 10.30 or 11 by the time we finish our breakfast. A few minutes with TV, some outings, social commitments, and friends pour in. And Saturdays, Sundays are gone...These are supposed to be days for relaxation but turn out to be more hectic than other days.  Where is time? How do we find time? You tell me. No. No. We should not aspire for these. We should live like anyone else.  You get what I mean??"

He was struggling for words.  SHREE kept smiling all the while.

WHOLE LIFE TICKS AWAY>>>>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ஜ, ஷ, ஸ, ஹ, க்ஷ, ஸ்ரீ ....

ॐ ஜ , ஷ , ஸ , ஹ , ஶ , க்ஷ , ஸ்ரீ என்ற எழுத்துக்களை வடமொழி எழுத்துக்கள் என்கிறான் ஒருவன். ஸம்ஸ்க்ருத எழுத்து என்கிறான் ஒருவன் . மூடர்கள் .  அறியாமையில் பேசுகின்றனர் . தவறான நோக்கத்துடன், நம்முள் பேதத்தை ஏற்படுத்திட எவனோ புதைத்துச் சென்ற விஷத்தை , அது விஷம் என்று கூட அறியாமல் பேசுகின்றனர் . வட என்பது திஶை . திஶைக்கு மொழி கிடையாது . (இசைக்கும் மொழி கிடையாது . கவிதைக்குதான் மொழி . தமிழிசை மன்றம் என்பதெல்லாம் அபத்தம் .) தமிழகத்திற்கு வடக்கில் பாரத தேஶத்தின் அத்தனை ப்ராந்தங்களும் (கேரளம் தவிர்த்து) உள்ளன . தெலுங்கு , மராடீ , போஜ்புரி , குஜராதீ ... அனைத்து மொழிகளும் வட திஶையில் பேசப்படும் மொழிகள் .  இவை எல்லாம் வடமொழிகள் . (கன்யாகுமரி ஆளுக்கு சென்னை பாஷை கூட வடமொழிதான்) . இந்த எல்லா மொழிகளிலும் இந்த ஶப்தங்களுக்கு எழுத்துக்கள் உண்டு .   தெலுங்கில் జ  , స  , హ .. . என்றும் ,   கன்னடத்தில்   ಜ , ಸ , ಹ , ಕ್ಷ .. என்றும் , மராடீயில் . ज , स , ह , श , क्ष,.. என்றும் குஜராதியில்     જ , સ , હા , ક્ષ  , என்றும் ,   பெங்காலியில் জ  ,   স , হা  , ক্ষ ... என்றும் ஹிந்தியில் ज , स , ह , 

Chapter X (19 - 42)

\ श्री भगवानुवाच - हन्त ते कथष्यामि दिव्या ह्यात्मविभूतय : । प्राधान्यत : कुरुश्रेष्ठ नास्त्यन्तो विस्तरस्य मे ॥ १९ ॥ Shri Bhagawan said:   I shall speak to Thee now, Oh best of the Kurus! of My Divine attributes, according to their prominence;   there is no end to the particulars of My manifestation. (X - 19) Arjuna asks for a detailed and complete elaboration on His manifestations.   Shri Krishna replies He will be brief in description.   Why?   ‘My manifestations are infinite’, says Shri Krishna.   Shri Krishna is in human form.   The Infinite Paramaatman has bound Himself in a finite Form.   A finite can not fully describe an Infinite.   The same Shri Krishna in the next chapter says, “See My Infinite Forms.   See as much as you wish”, when Arjuna expresses his desire to see His one Form.   Brief in words and Elaborate in Form.;. The discussion in the last shlokam continues here.   The listener’s ahankara tries to fathom the speaker.   The listener, Arj

Chapter IV (1 - 20)

\   ADHYAAY IV   GYANA KARMA SANYASA YOGAM Introduction This chapter named ‘Gnyana Karma Sanyasa Yog’ is a special one, as this is where Shri Krishna reveals the secrets of Avatara to Arjuna. We, as human have a natural weakness.  When a great thought is placed before us, instead of analysing the thought, understanding it and trying to put it into practise, almost all of us start worshipping the person who revealed the thought.  Worship of the Cross and the idols of Buddha can be quoted as examples.  One of the reasons for this may be that we deem him to be the originator of the thought.  Truths are eternal and can only be revealed and not invented.  You ask any educated person about ahimsa or non-violence.  You should not be surprised if he instantly come up with the answer, “Gandhi”.  You try to clarify that ‘almost two thousand years ago Shri Mahaveer based his life and religion solely on the principle of Ahimsa’ and ‘hundreds of years prior to that the Vedas, the Gi