ॐ
PHRASES IN THE GITA - 96
न च मां तानी कर्माणि निबध्नन्ति ... (अध्याय ९ - श्लोक ९)
ந ச மாம் தானி கர்மாணி நிபத்னந்தி ... (அத்யாயம் 9 - ஶ்லோகம் 9)
Na Cha Maam Taani Karmaani Nibadhnanthi ... (Chapter 9 - Shlokam 9)
Meaning : These acts do not bind me ...
'These acts do not bind Me' says Shri Krishna . What does 'binding' mean ? Binding means 'tying down' , to impede independent efforts and travel , to retard progress and growth ...
Actions bind . But , is it possible to avoid actions because actions bind ? It is impossible in this world . So long as we carry this body , these senses , the mind and the intellect , actions are inevitable . These will act even if you decide not to do anything .. Not the actions but attachment with the actions and fruits therein bind .
How doea it bind ? "I do this" ; "I have to do this or I must do this" ; "Only me can do this" ; "If I don't do this ..." ; "Yes . Many have tried this . But , not this was . This is my own unique way" ; These are attachment with the action and I or Me is the binding rope in these .
"This will fetch me a huge wealth" ; "This will give me name and fame which will make me ive even after my death" ; "This will benefit many" ; These are attachments with the fruits of action . Here too the binding rope is Me...
It binds . OK . So what ?
The first and foremost effect (ill effect) - Roots of Ignorance are deepened . That I'll remain alive through name and fame and statues and planques is ignorance . That there will be a loss or the world will be doomed if I do not do this is an ignorance . In fact , I or Me itself is an agnorance . Many examples around us glorify this truth but we do not see , rather we push these under the carpet with our own wishful thinking . "This may have happened to him , but will not happen to me" says the mind . It prepares the path to disappointment .
The first and foremost effect (ill effect) - Roots of Ignorance are deepened . That I'll remain alive through name and fame and statues and planques is ignorance . That there will be a loss or the world will be doomed if I do not do this is an ignorance . In fact , I or Me itself is an agnorance . Many examples around us glorify this truth but we do not see , rather we push these under the carpet with our own wishful thinking . "This may have happened to him , but will not happen to me" says the mind . It prepares the path to disappointment .
Second damage caused is - the thorn called 'bloated ego' . It pierces others around us , tears of relationships and isolates the egoist . It disturbs the balance in thinking . It retards progress on spiritual path .
Third damage caused - We turn into a hypocrate , an actor . This can result in our fall . Who is an actor ? He always tries to please and entertain others . He makes up and shows a masked face , never the real one . Fear of losing the viewers and applauders stops him from siding with the truth , bitter and painful truth . He convinces himself , saying , "I have no other option" , "It is all in the game" and performs actions and delivers dialogues , not all to his liking . When I say 'actor' i do not mean Film actors and stage actors . (There may be many among them who stick to principles and act with a purpose .) Every one of us may be an actor . Those on the social sites like the Facebook count number of likes , write not the truth but only to gain more followers and more likes . The speakers count the applause and speak for getting more . Film actors count the Ruppes and resort to all silly actions only to get more Rupees .Falsehood , exaggeration , decoration , glorification etc . begin to occupy the front stage .
Then , what should we do ? The best option available to us is to know our real Nature and act according to our real Nature , or in other words allow the real nature to steer our actions (and words) .
Comments
Post a Comment